Got a thirst for adventure? Join us on our annual main event, the Island Extreme tour. See the Philippines as no tourist does as we use dirtbikes to make a 12 day, 2200km loop of the central part of the island chain. We will visit numerous natural wonders and ride some of the best jungle trails in Asia.
This trip is for the experienced dirtbike or trail rider that is looking for more than a leisurely sightseeing cruise. We will go where no tourist goes, see things that are not in any of the guidebooks, and test ourselves on some of the most challenging terrain in Asia. The rewards are immense as you experience first hand the spectacular features of the Philippines.
Space is limited and will fill quickly so be sure to book in advance to ensure your position in this epic trip.
Currently scheduled for April 29, 2017 to May 10, 2017.
The cost will be 99000 Pesos per rider (approx. $2250US) which will cover everything from the time we leave to the time we return with some minor exceptions such as alcohol. See our FAQ for more details.
Ready to give it a go? A 9600 Peso (approx $200US) deposit is required to secure your place on the trip. Bike allocation is first-come first served, so those with deposits in earliest get prime pick.
All of our prices are in Philippine Pesos. To convert to your local currency, please see:
Tentative Itinerary - 2017 Island Extreme
- Day 1 -- Leave our Cebu location
- Leave our starting point in the town of Liloan near Cebu City. We will ride appox 165km of single track trails
and dirt roads on our way to the town of Bogo in the northern part of the island.
Great BBQ dinner and overnight in Bogo at a guest house.
- Day 2 -- Cebu -> Leyte Island
- Ferry from Cebu to Palompon on Leyte island. Trail/dirt roads to
Kananga, Leyte. Approx 75km, we can camp near a waterfall and
hot spring or use a guest house at group option.
- Day 3 -- Leyte Island
- Mix of trails, dirt roads and short highway sections as we ride from Kananga to Tacloban,
Leyte. Overnight and dinner at guest house in Tacloban. About 100km.
- Day 4 -- Leyte -> Samar Island
- Leave Tacloban heading for island of Samar. A couple routing options,
but goal is to arrive at our beach camping site before dark. Options
all include trails and dirt roads in different directions but ending
up at same location. Potentially a long day with as much as 200km
of jungle trails, dirt roads and some concrete on tap.
- Day 5 -- Samar
- Leave Samar beach site for town of Allen in northern Samar. We will
have two river crossings this day where we will load our bikes into
small outrigger boats to cross rivers. We want to try to arrive in
Allen before dark so bike maintenance can be performed before crossing
to Masbate. Dinner and overnight at guest house in Allen. Approx 180kms
mixed trails and roads. We can have a swim at a remote waterfall depending on how we
are doing on the schedule.
- Day 6 -- Samar -> Masbate Island
- Load the bikes on a boat and sail for the island of Masbate. We
will use a native outrigger style "pump boat" which will take ~3 hours
to make the crossing. Some great trails this day as we cross Masbate island heading for Calumpang to stage for our crossing to Panay island.
Masbate island is relatively small but we still pack in about 130kms of riding this day. A little bit of everything including some nice single track.
Possible diving or other water/beach activities on Masbate, dependant on time
- Day 7 -- Masbate -> Panay
- Load the bikes on another native pump boat to make the crossing to Panay island and then ride as time permits dependant on boat arrival time.
We have about 150kms to cover using a mixture of remote single track trails, dirt roads
and some concrete sections to get us about half way across Panay. If the
boat arrives late we may need to ride after dark to remain on schedule.
Guest house or camping in the mountains depending if we cover the ground
we need cover or where we are when we decide to stop.
- Day 8 -- Panay
- Riding in Panay, using scenic trails and dirt roads to traverse the central mountain range and arrive at the southwest side of the island. Overnight at a primitive mountain resort. 130-150kms mixed trails and roads.
- Day 9 -- Panay
- We use some great mountain trails to cross the central mountain range and arrive at the guest house near the port to stage for crossing to the next island in the morning. Approx. 120-170kms. Some riding after dark may be
required to make it depending on how late the trail conditions make us.
- Day 10 -- Panay -> Negros Island
- Ferry to island of Negros. A lot of good trails today after the boat ride as we work our way around the Canloan volcano to the east side of Negros. We will overnight in the mountains at a primitive resort and have a great native meal cooked for us by the locals.
- Day 11 -- Negros
- Some great challenging trails as we work our way north through Negros towards Escalante to stage for our final water crossing back to Cebu island. .
- Day 12 -- Return to Liloan
- Return to our starting point in Liloan via trails/dirt roads. 160-200kms, we should arrive before dark.
Itinerary is subject to change due to trail conditions or other factors that may require us to alter the routings and activities in order to maintain the schedule..
When planning your travel, please ensure that you arrive in time to attend the mandatory riders' meeting Friday evening before the ride begins, as well as to allow yourself time to recover from your journey and be ready to ride on Saturday morning.
If you have any questions or are ready to book please visit our CONTACT page and tick the Island Extreme box on the form. Be sure to include some details about your riding experience.